CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Time Out Corner

Mrs. Randall is having a classroom management linky party...check it out here:http://randalllearninglibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/classroom-management-linky-party.html

Last summer I read the book Magic 1-2-3 and it has transformed my classroom. It's a very simple concept where you count children for behaviors you want to stop. If they get to a count of 3, you need to have a time out place for them to go to. I have time-out nook where they go for 7 or 8 minutes (1 minute for every year of their age), and in that nook is an ABC's of good citizenship poster for them to read. Rarely do students go beyond the count of 2!!!




1 comment:

  1. My school had a seminar before the school year started about magic 1-2-3. Not all of the teachers use it but the principals support it and it works wonders!I just found your blog & I now follow!

    awigginsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete