CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 16, 2011

Seat Sack Feedback Please!!!!


I love these Seat Sacks.  The kids keep their writing folder, silent reading book, and magic slates in them so they can retrieve them quickly without having to rummage through their desk.  The problem is that they only last a couple of years, and then I have to replace them.  With shipping, they are now running around $10.00 a piece.  I've tried a couple different kinds, but they just don't last.  I actually looked into reinventing one myself, but it was just too complicated with patents and prototypes and I gave up.  Anybody have any  great alternatives???

5 comments:

  1. If you have a parent/room mother/grandmother who likes to sew, that could be a great solution! I was lucky a few years back and had an awesome room mother who sewed them for me. I have had to fix a few tears here and there, but they have lasted 3 years so far. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 years...that's pretty good! What kind of material are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neice, who teaches kindergarten in Chicago, uses a very heavy denim material and has a mother sew them for her. She has to use a special needle. They seem to hold up well. I've seen backpacks used, but I think they are too bulky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I should take up sewing this summer! Thanks for your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete