Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Every summer I try to work on one pet peeve that I have in my classroom. So, last summer I decided to work on creating a more productive carpet time in my room. Carpet time is that time when I bring my students up to do their jobs. My kids are not really aware, but while they are doing their jobs they are learning graphing, place value, problem solving, vocabulary, time, money, patterns, etc. My problem, however, was how do I make everyone accountable for that learning and not just the student with the job. The kids that didn't have jobs were fussing about who was touching who or who was not in the right spot. I started searching online for a carpet that had grids or circles or some way that the students could have their own real estate, but these carpets were out of sight especially since the money would come out of my pocket! Then I found this blue carpet at Walmart, which measures 9 x 12 ft. To make the grid, I got two 2 x 4's (to make straight lines) and red craft paint and just painted the lines after I measured and marked them with a little masking tape. I also used a little carpet tape to hold it down securely on the open end opposite the wall. So far it has worked beautifully.
- Hello, my name is dijobaker, and I am a second grade teacher. I love to use technology in my classroom, and I have been making interactive Power Points for the past ten years, and SMART board lessons for three years. I have also many ideas for organizing your classroom and classroom management. Check out my products at Teachers PayTeachers.com.
- Fun New Tool!
- Mother's Day Project Linky Party
- My Classroom!
- What's the most useful thing on your supply list?
- Listening Center Linky Party
- Funniest Moment
- Whisper Phones - Feedback Needed!!!
- Inexpensive Chart Stands
- Omg! One More Thing I Love.
- My Very Favorite Things!!!
- Tattle Tale Book
- My Space!
- Cute Cubes!
- Beat the Clock
- Love Those Pocket Charts!
- I'm always looking for ways to motivate my student...
- Carpet Time!
- Power Point Presentations at TPT
- Blooming with Adjectives
- Classroom Rules
- What's your favorite classroom read aloud?
- ▼ April (21)
Bulletin Board Ideas (1) Classroom Decor (1) Classroom Management (9) Contest (2) Feedback Needed (1) Giveaway (1) Just Venting (1) linky party (14) Motivation (1) Organization (6) Product Review (1) Products For Sale (4) Projects (1) Ranting (1) Sharing Ideas (2) Teacher Appreciation Gift (1) Technology (2) TPT Lesson (1)
Powered by Blogger.