CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Classroom Jobs Linky Party

Hop over to http://seusstastic.blogspot.com/2011/07/classroom-jobs-linky-party.html if you would like to share your job chart with others.  Here is mine:

First of all notice, that I have to use a stand for my jobs pocket chart.  I simply have no wall space available.  

1.  Calendar - Calendar person has to put in the date, plus change the yesterday, today and tomorrow cards.  I ask the calendar person many questions like is the date even or odd.  What will the date be one week from today.  What is the pattern (aabb, abc, abc, etc.)
2.  Hundred Day Chart - this person puts in the day that corresponds with the days we have been in school.  They have to  state whether the number is odd or even, they have to write it in expanded form on the board, and they have to round it to the nearest ten and after we reach a hundred then they round to the nearest hundred as well.
3.  Money Chart - this person represents the number of days we have been in school in 3 different ways.  Then I ask question like if there are 10 dimes in 1 dollar, how many dimes would be in 5 dollars
4.  Time - this child has to read the time, and then I time them on the clock 5's.  
5.  Temperature - I have a large thermometer and this child rounds the temperature to the nearest ten.
6.  Word Wall - This person points to words and the kids recite them.
7.  Office -  This child delivers lunch money, notes to the office.
8.  Paper Passer - Also sharpens pencils.


These pictures show them at work.  I also have monthly jobs like bathroom monitor and quiet captain.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the linky party! I love your portable job chart...mine does take up some major space! Great ideas! Stop by to check out my 200 follower giveaway!
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete