CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Classroom Behavior Management Linky Party

Check out how other teachers deal with classroom behavior issues here: http://lessonplandiva.blogspot.com/2011/07/linky-party-behavior-plans.html

1.    At the top left of the picture you can see my "How is your day chart."  What you can't see is that there is a smiley face on each card.  If the child stays on the green card with the smiley face they are eligible for my end of the day raffle.  I draw one popsicle stick and that child will get to pick out of my prize box. 

2.  Along with the card system, I do 1-2-3 Magic in my room; the book is a quick read (http://www.amazon.com/1-2-3-Magic-Teachers-Effective-Discipline/dp/1889140171.)  Behaviors that I want to stop, I count.  Count 1 flip to a yellow card, Count 2 flip to a blue card, Count 3 flip to the pink card and go to the time out desk.  I started this last year, and either I had an awesome class, or this system really works.  Here is my time-out desk.  You can't see the poster but it's the ABC's of a good classroom citizen.  They can read as they sit in timeout.
I just bought this jumbo timer for my timeout desk.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the raffle at the end of the day! So great! Thanks for sharing.

    www.flippingforfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete